Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Poppy Day

It will be our Poppy Day this Friday. I've got my Poppy last week. Have you got yours?

I went to the local bakery to buy bread and a lone old ex-serviceman was selling poppies in front of it. He might be old but still handsome with ramrod straight back. I saw him on the way in and intended to buy a poppy on the way back to the car.

I had paid for my bread with card and then realised I did not have any small notes in my wallet so I asked the girl at the till if I could change some. She was reluctant for 2 seconds but I went on to tell her that I needed some small notes so I could buy my poppy from the gentleman outside her shop - she just nodded and smiled and gave me the notes I asked for. ANZAC spirit is still alive and well for us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment