Friday, October 19, 2012

My Favourite Thai Restaurant




Last Saturday Bob, Barbara and I went to the Thai restaurant on Dominion Road where we had the above deep fried chicken wings with hot sauce.


Zap is my most favourite Thai restaurant in Auckland. I have known the owner way back when Zap was in the Asian Food Court on Albert Street. Long gone the food court stall, now she and her husband own 3 Zap restaurants around Auckland, all are very busy and successful. I have never been to other Zaps and am quite comfortable with their Dominion Road joint. I think Barbara enjoyed it too. 


That evening, we had chicken wings and curry puffs as our starters, for mains we had Whole Deep Fried Snapper with Sweet Chilli Sauce, Hot and Sour Chicken Soup with Coconut Milk (Tom Kha Gai) and my Rice Sticks with Chicken and Vegetables. IMHO, the crispy chicken has been Zap’s flagship dish for a long time since my Day 1 with Zap. We came home very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment