Thursday, August 25, 2011

Coconut Cup Cakes



Dee is my neighbour from the other side of the road. She used to be an instructor at the gym I am the member of. We get on nicely both inside and outside the gym.
Dee has three children, the eldest of which is autistic. I have a lot of respect for her as with all the responsibilities she always remains calm, positive and soldiers on. She is one of the nicest and hardest working people I have known.
Early this week she dropped in for a cup of coffee. I made these coconut cupcakes using Lynn Cole’s basic Cinnamon Teacake recipe (without topping - so no cinnamon involved) and added 2 Tbs fine desiccated coconut to the cake mixture. I also substituted half of the milk with coconut milk (you can use any basic butter cake recipe and add those two ingredients). For frosting, I followed shesimmer’s recipe. Toasted coconut chips are optional but you should try – they add texture and a wonderful nutty flavour to the cakes.
Dee liked the cakes - maybe she was polite but never mind! Most of all we enjoyed each other's company and it was a beautiful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment