Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunday High Tea





I went to a High Tea at the Auckland Museum. It was a fundraising event and one of my good friends, Debbie is one of the Inner Circle members who helped organise this. Some of the girls at our table I met for the first time that afternoon and some I had not seen for ages so it was a bit like getting to know new friends and reunion all in one - wearing nice clothes, having bubbly and chatting (no one really listened I think – we were busy talking at the same time!)

I was a bit disappointed only one lady wearing a fascinator (and she’s young and gorgeous) and I didn’t want to be over the top wearing mine so it stayed in the bag.

Guest speakers, Trelise Cooper and Christine Fletcher were fantastic together on stage (in bantering format). They both are successful women in different fields - fashion and politics. They also sold raffles at the party but our table didn’t win any prizes. But hey, we had fun and money will go to the good course keeping our museum running smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment