Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Two Fat Ducks

Spring is here and although it’s still windy – the weather is getting warmer. I saw Spike in my neighbour’s backyard (not surprised, he’s there quite a lot – Heather feeds him when we are away. I patyed him a bit but he seemed to focus on something else.

There was also a pair of ducks in Heather’s backyard. That’s not usual – I guessed they wandered from one of the ponds not far from us. When the ducks saw me, they came running towards me expecting food! So obviously they were not shy of humans – people around here feed them (at the ponds) all the time. And for Spike - he ran away before the ducks getting too close!

Ducks in our local parks are pretty safe. We haven’t heard any news anyone trying to poach them from the ponds…well, so far anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment